- Qualifier: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Championship: Thursday, May 4, 2017
- North Qualifier: E Badminton Training Centre
- South Qualifier: Agincourt Open Badminton Club
- Championship: Markham Pan Am Center
- Time: 9:00AM-3:30PM (approximately)
- Coaches meeting at 8:45AM
- Please indicate the approximate number of participants as well as a contact email upon declaration.
- Reminders – All teams responsible in submitting Eligibility Lists to Yvonne (due Wednesday, April 12, 2017). All teams are responsible in submitting Team Rosters to convener by Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
- Shoes/Jerseys – Please remind athletes to bring non-marking indoor athletic shoes – free of any ice/snow/water/salt (You will be asked to change your shoes upon entering the facility). All players and supervisors must wear clothing that clearly identifies their school (polos, t-shirts, etc. or name tags for supervisors). Players must also be wearing proper athletic attire. (eg. T-shirt, polos, shorts, sweatpants, track pants – jeans are not considered athletic wear)
- Players may only participate in either the singles or doubles tournament. (i.e. a student cannot play in both the singles and doubles tournament)
- Each team is limited to 2 singles players and 2 doubles pairs of each gender, as well as 2 pairs of mixed doubles (a total of 16 participants).
- Matches are to be self-refereed. Coaches please ensure athletes are experienced with rules and technicalities. We would like to minimize any direct assistance from coaches – there may be some extenuating circumstances where they will need support – but only if students cannot resolve independently.
- If players have difficulties keeping scores or calling shots, a neutral umpire may be assigned to the match
- Matches consists of “best two out of three” game
- the player(s) that first scores 21 points is the winner of the game
- In the case of a deuce (20 – 20), the first player(s) to gain a 2-point advantage wins the game, cap at 25
Registration Opens: Monday, March 20, 2017
Registration Closes: Friday, March 31, 2017