Date: Thursday Feb 27th
Location: The Hangar at Downsview Park, 75 Carl Hall Rd, North York, ON M3K 2B9
Time: 9:00am-4:00pm(coaches meeting at 8:55)
Opens: Tuesday January 28th 9am
Close: Tuesday February 11th 4pm
|GENERAL INDOOR SOCCER RULES|
U16 and U20 Indoor Soccer Guidelines
- Each game will consist of 1- 25 minute period, running time with and a 3-5 minute warm-up prior to the game. This applies to both round robin play and playoff rounds.
- All teams will be allowed a maximum of 5 players and 1 goalie on the field at one time. Substitutions are made on the fly. A team may bring up to 18 participants.
- The tournament will be played on an artificial turf surface, therefore running shoes OR indoor soccer shoes are permitted. A size 5-regulation outdoor soccer ball will be used.
- Shin pads and socks are mandatory for all players.
- Indirect free kicks will be awarded for any fouls. If the ball is kicked out of play over the boards or into the mesh, an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team at the spot of the infraction.
- When the ball goes out of bounds it is a ‘kick-in’.
- 2-minute penalties will be assessed for any purposeful body contact or major rule infractions. The team assessed the penalty will play 1 man short for 2 minutes. The player may return to play when the penalty has expired. Penalties will expire if the opposing team scores a goal.
- Handballs will result in a free kick for the opposing team. A handball is considered any contact from the shoulder down to the fingertips.
- The goalkeeper may not use his/her hands outside of the crease (large box). To clear the ball after a save, the goalkeeper may either throw the ball or kick it out of his/her hands.
- There will be no overtime in round robin play.
- Overtime in semi-finals and finals will consist of 5 minute golden goal(First goal wins). Overtime will be a 5-minute sudden victory period. If both teams fail to score then a penalty shootout will occur.
- Penalty shootouts will take place as follows – All kickers and the 2 goalkeepers will follow the referee’s instructions as to where they should be on the field. All kicks will take place in the same net. Both teams will alternate their 5-penalty kick shooters. If The game is still tied after all 5 shooters have gone, then one by one the coaches may select their sudden victory kickers. At this point the same kicker can be used as many times as it takes to get a winner.
- Referees decisions are FINAL. Zero tolerance for verbal abuse towards officials is in effect. Any violations will result in immediate action, up to and including removal of the offender from the tournament or forfeiture of games. Zero tolerance for trash talking. Violations will result in a 2-minute penalty and removal of offenders from the tournament or forfeiture of games. One red card or two yellow cards will have the student removed from the current game plus 1 or more games at the judgment of the referee.
- Referees are qualified O.S.A referees.
Tie Breaker Rules
1.Head to head
- Coin Flip