- Date: Monday, March 6, 2017
- Location: Canadian Chinese Table Tennis Association (CCTTA)
- 1181 Denison St. Unit 6, Markham, ON L3R 4B2
- Time: 9:00AM-3:30PM (approximately)
- Coaches meeting at 8:45AM
- Food: Lunch will not be served and there is no restaurant at CCTTA. Please bring your own lunch and encourage athletes to bring healthy snacks and plenty of water.
- Reminders – All teams responsible in submitting Eligibility Lists to Yvonne (due Monday, February 27, 2017). All teams are responsible in submitting Team Rosters to convener by Monday, February 27, 2017.
- Shoes/Jerseys – Please remind athletes to bring indoor athletic shoes – free of any ice/snow/water/salt. All players and supervisors must wear clothing that clearly identifies their school (polos, t-shirts, etc. or name tags for supervisors). Players must also be wearing proper athletic attire. (eg. T-shirt, polos, shorts, sweatpants, track pants – jeans are not considered athletic wear)
- Players may only participate in either the singles or doubles tournament. (i.e. a student cannot play in both the singles and doubles tournament)
- Each team consists of 2 singles players and 2 doubles players of each gender (a total of 8 participants), additional players will be charged as an additional team.
- Matches are to be self-refereed. Coaches please ensure athletes are experienced with rules and technicalities. We would like to minimize any direct assistance from coaches – there may be some extenuating circumstances where they will need support – but only if students cannot resolve independently.
- If players have difficulties keeping scores or calling shots, a neutral umpire may be assigned to the match
- Players must serve with the ball resting on an open palm and tossed up a minimum of 6 inches, failure to do so may result in the loss of a point.
- Singles matches consists of “best two out of three” sets
- the player that first scores 11 points is the winner of the set
- in the case of a deuce (10 – 10), the first player to gain a 2-point advantage wins the set, cap at 15
- Doubles matches consists of one set.
- the team that first scores 21 points is the winner of the set
- in the case of a deuce (20 – 20), the first team to gain a 2-point advantage wins the set, cap at 25
Registration Opens: Monday, February 6, 2017
Registration Closes: Monday, February 13, 2017
– 1st Place: Madison Politsky (TPS)
– 2nd Place: Nicole Entin (Hudson)
– 3rd Place: Joana Xavier (Hudson)
– 4th Place: Nicole Grigoreva (Prestige)
– 1st Place: Marko Milojevic (Hudson)
– 2nd Place: Adam Zhao (Hudson)
– 3rd Place: Agam Gujral (Town Centre)
– 4th Place: John Yang (Town Centre)
– 1st Place: Rachel Feng + Kaitlyn Low (Town Centre)
– 2nd Place: Claudia Blanco + Helen Chen (Hudson)
– 3rd Place: Alice Tskra + Mila Tytchina (Prestige)
– 4th Place: Sabrina Lai + Lucy Shi (Town Centre)
– 1st Place: Jaho Xiang + Jato Xiang (Town Centre)
– 2nd Place: Bruce Li + Mu Li (WillowWood)
– 3rd Place: Jason Jin + Justin Chau (Town Centre)
– 4th Place: Jerry Liu + Steven Wu (Fieldstone)
Thank you all for the strong turn out, see you again next year!