1. Divisions Classification: U8, U10, U12, Elementary, U16, U20. For further details, please refer to the following chart:
|YEAR OF BIRTH|
(enrolled in grade 8 & under)
(High School U16)
(High School U20)
2. It is the responsibility of the teacher/coach to ensure that eligibility forms are complete and accurate.
3. Any player who, during the course of the season, has played (name appears on the game sheet) above his/her age group in more than two games or meets forfeits his/her status at the lower age group in that sport for that season.
4. Where an ineligible player competes in an individual or team sport, the game result will be a loss for the school with the ineligible player and a win for the opposing school.
5. The SSAF prohibits shifting of players from one age group/team to another for the end of season tournament or playoffs.
6. During the season a SSAF team may add players to their eligibility list due to injuries, and/or suspensions as long as they play 2 matches or games before the playoffs to be eligible for the playoffs. Any additions to the eligibility lists must be submitted to the convenor in writing, on proper forms, duly signed 2 business days before this additional player(s) participates in any games. If the convener and coach are the same, the President of the relevant division must be notified.
7. To be eligible for the end of season tournament or playoffs, teams must have played at least three matches against three different SSAF member teams prior to the end of season tournament or playoffs.
8. In genuinely small schools (50 students or less in Grades 5-8) students who have played on Under 12 teams are allowed to participate in Elementary teams if the school is unable to field a team without them. A letter from the principal of the school to the league verifying numbers would be required so that the Executive can waive the eligibility rule in individual cases.
9. Any athlete who misrepresents his/her age or birth date to gain extra eligibility will be ineligible for a period of 12 months.
10. An official SSAF Eligibility Form including all required data must be completed and received by the convenor a minimum 2 business days prior to the commencement of competition (or as specified by the convenor). This list must be reviewed and approved by the athletic director and the teacher/coach to certify.